Highlights from Last Month
- Tom went to a football conference in Concord while I visited with San Jose friends
- We celebrated the 3rd anniversary of our first kiss and the 2nd anniversary of closing on our house
- We had an amazing dinner with some new friends from church who have also journeyed through infertility (and survived!)
- Tom went to Fresno to attend the premiere of a friend’s movie
Books I Read in February
- Eleanor & Park: A Novel by Rainbow Rowell. I don’t read a lot of fiction, and I couldn’t put this one down! It’s a YA novel, but I highly recommend it for adults. I was thinking about the ending for days.
- Personalities in Love by Donna Partow
- Rapture Practice: My One-Way Ticket to Salvation by Aaron Hartzler
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life & Business by Charles Duhigg
- The Sweet Side of Suffering by M. Esther Lovejoy. A wonderful, un-cliche book for rough days.
- The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner’s Semester at America’s Holiest University by Kevin Roose. This book was fascinating to me. As a graduate of what’s considered to be a “liberal” Christian university, it was really interesting to hear about a Christian college on the opposite side of the spectrum. I listened to the audiobook version of this, which was read by the author, and I was completely engaged the entire 11 hours!
- When Work & Family Collide: Keeping Your Job from Cheating Your Family by Andy Stanley
- Why: The Question That Never Goes Away by Philip Yancey
- You’re Going to Be Okay: Encouraging Truth Your Heart Needs to Hear, Especially on the Hard Days by Holley Gerth
Favorite Podcast Episodes
- Beyond the To Do List with Story: Donald Miller on Focus, Finish, and Living a Meaningful Story
- NPR’s Fresh Air with If You Think You’re Anonymous Online, Think Again